10/3/2018 IDNA Conference and AGM. Radisson Blu Hotel. Athlone (4.5 Verifiable CPD points).
- Patients with Chronic Medical Conditions. Ms. Orlagh Pettigrew. RDN, B.Sc in Dental Practice Management with Oral Health Promotion
- Nutrition and Oral Health. Dr. Anne Nugent. BSc PhD RNutr
- Lift the lip, Infant Oral Health. Dr Kirsten Fitzgerald. B Dent Sc, MSc.
- Smoking Cessation. Ms Catherine Waldron. RDH MSc. MA
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider update 2015 Guidelines. Mr Tom Giffney. Code Blue
- This event was sponsored by: Dental Health Foundation, Pamex Ltd., MDDI, TePe and Diabetes Ireland.
23/10/2017 Considerations for Diet and Oral Health in our communities. What have we learned? Dr. Anne Nugent, BSc PhD RNutr. UCD Institute of Food and Health. (2 Verifiable CPD points).
25/4/2016. Presented by: Dr. Patrick Cleary & Dr. Brendan Fanning. Volunteer Dentistry. (1 Verifiable CPD point)
15/2/2016. Presented by: Ms. Caroline Conneely. Decontamination of Dental RIMD (“Why is safe decontamination practice important?”) (2 Verifiable CPD points).
12/10/2015. Presented by: Dr. Mary O'Donnell Management of microbial contamination of dental unit waterlines and suction systems (2 Verifiable CPD points).
Summer Conference & A.G.M. - 16 May 2015 - Aspiration Information Motivation
Lecture 1: Sue Boynton. BDS LLM FFGDP(UK), Senior Dento-legal Adviser, Dental Protection - How to handle complaints professionally
Lecture 2: Brid Hendron. – Importance of Patient Communication
Lecture 3: Kellie O’Shaughnessy. RDH, OHP –The Dental Den-an oral health promotion
Lecture 4: Maggie Hayes. DGSA, Health & Safety Consultant - Chemical Safety in Dental Practice
Lecture 5: Tom Giffney. Director Code Blue – Recognition and management of Anaphylaxis
Lecture 6:Johnny Fearon. BDS MDent Sc(Rest), MDent Ch (Pros), P Grad Dip (SEDS), MFDS RCS (Edin) – The ever expanding role of the Dental Nurse in modern practice
Lecture 7: Tina Gorman. RDN, IDNA President – Dental Council and IDNA update with open discussion
5 Verifiable CPD Points Apply
2/2/2015. Joint IDNA & IDHA Scientific Lecture: Challenging Behaviours in Dentistry / I Never Promised you a Rose Garden (3 Verifiable CPD points).
1. Dr. Gillian Smith, B.A., B.Dent.Sc., MFD RCSI, P.Grad. Dip. Con. Sed. Dent. Autism Spectrum Disorders; Is Your Dental Team Ready?
2. Ms. Kirsten FitzGerald, BDentSc, MS(Texas), FFD(RCSI), Consultant Paediatric Dental Surgeon. Diplomate of American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. I Never Promised you a Rose Garden
3/11/2014. Presented by Ms. Margaret O'Mally & Ms. Yvette Kavanagh. Mouthguards in Dental Practice. (2 Verifiable CPD points).
8/9/2014. Presented by: Ms. Catherine Waldron & Dr. Michael WJ Dodds. Saliva - Why is it so Important? (2 Verifiable CPD points).
12/5/2014. Presented by: Dr Ioannis Polyzois. Introduction to Dental Implants. (2 Verifiable CPD points).
12/5/2014. IDNA AGM.
6/2/2014. Joint IDNA & IDHA Scientific Lecture - Oral Cancer – The Team Approach (3 lectures) (2 Verifiable CPD points)
1. Presented by: Ms Lia Mills, Patient. Mouth Cancer Awareness: Why It Matters?
2. Presented by: Mr. Diarmuid Gavin. Pamex Ireland Ltd, Oral Health Maintenance of the Oral Cancer Patient
3. Presented by: Dr Edward Cotter, B.A., B.Dent. Sc., F.F.D. R.C.S.I, M.S. Prosthodontics. Prosthetic Care of the Oral Cancer Patient
25/11/2013. Presented by: W & H and Handpiece Harry. Decontamination and Handpiece Maintenance
4/11/2013. Presented by: Professor Leo Stassen. Facial Deformity. (1.5 Verifiable CPD points)
2/9/2013. Presented by: Dr. Ciara Scott. Changing Faces. (1.5 Verifiable CPD points)
13/5/2013. IDNA AGM.
13/5/2013. Presented by: Dr. Dermot Canavan. A Dental Nursing Perspective on Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain. (1.5 Verifiable CPD points)
4/3/2013. Presented by: Dr. Tom Feeney. A Dental Nursing Perspective on the Emergency Management of Injuries where there is a risk of transmission of Blood Borne Viruses. (1.5 Verifiable CPD points)
4/1/2013. Presented by: Dr. Alison Dougal. Special Care Dentistry "Use those Apps...”(1 Verifiable CPD point)
5/11/2012. Presented by: Dr. Anne Gunderman. Denture Principles- Simple to Complex
17/9/2012. Presented by: Dr. David Finucane. Tips for treating children and anxious patients
16/6/2012. Presented by: Dr. Hal Duncan. Should the ‘apicectomy’ be confined to history, or is there a new dawn for endodontic surgery?
Dublin Dental University Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2
12/10/2015 Video linked lecture to participants in the Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, Room 1041